An educational visit to Les Éparges, passing along the trench leading to the 106th infantry regiment memorial, 2013. All rights reserved.
This section of the website is designed to help teachers prepare for their visit. It includes all the details they require (practical information, documents for downloading, contacts etc.).
Every year, the Verdun Memorial Museum welcomes thousands of schoolchildren from across Europe and the museum has very close ties with the French Education Department. The Learning Resource Centre, which enjoys strong support from the Inspection générale d’histoire-géographie and the DAAC (Délégation académique à l’éducation artistique et à l’action culturelle), is well-known for its programmes and events. More and more of them are based on a multidisciplinary approach.
The museum set up its Learning Resource Centre in the 1970s. Nowadays, the Nancy-Metz Education District seconds two teachers to the museum and they work here in addition to their work in schools in Lorraine:
• Jérôme Dumont, French and History teacher, senior high school level
• Nicolas Czubak, History and Geography teacher, junior high school level
Various offers are available for school groups :
Bookings are sold out for the 2016/2017 school year.
• Guided tour in Verdun Memorial Museum + Special-interest visits to Les Éparges
• Guided tour in Verdun Memorial Museum + The Open-Air Museum
• Guided tour in Verdun Memorial Museum + Visits to Les Éparges + The Open-Air Museum
• Guided tour in Verdun Memorial Museum + Thematic workshops in the Classroom